Ph.D – Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Pilani, K K Birla Goa, Hyderabad
Electrical & Electronics Engineering
To keep pace with the rapidly evolving electronics industry requires unwavering passion and urge to innovate. This, precisely, is what the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering at the BITS-Pilani, Hyderabad Campus is about. The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, which includes EEE, ECE and EIE, is one of the largest departments on the campus, comprising students, faculty and technical staff. The broad spectrum of courses is taught by a group of highly experienced faculty who are also researchers in their own areas. The syllabus - rigorous in design and content - is in keeping with the latest developments in the industry. Well-equipped laboratories coupled with extensive practical work ensure the student receives a well-rounded education.
- 33 Research Publications (since January 2022)
- 2.4 Cr Sponsored Funding Amount (since January 2021)
- 45 Research/ Teaching Labs (41 Teaching Labs and 4 Research Labs)
- 142 Research Papers Published (2021)
The department offers a full time Ph.D. programme in the following thrust areas of its research.
- Microelectronics And Vlsi Design
- Embedded Systems
- Power Systems And Power Electronics
- Instrumentation And Control
- Communication Systems & Signal Processing
- M.Sc. (Physics) or Equivalent Degree with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Shortlisted Candidates will be called for a written test which will be followed by an interview.
- Candidates who have cleared the CSIR-JRF will be exempted from the written test.
- Candidates working in reputed Govt. and Private organizations can apply for a part time PhD program.
- Monthly Institute Fellowship of Rs. 28,000 (if M.Sc. or EquivalentDegree) will be provided initially to the full-time PhD students which will be enhanced from time to time subject to performance.
- Full-time PhD students admitted into the PhD program are eligible to be considered for an Institute fellowship of Rs. 28,000 or Rs. 31,000 per month in the first year based on their qualifications at the time of admission.
- Students admitted with M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil. or an equivalent Degree are eligible to receive an Institute fellowship of Rs. 31,000/-.
- Students admitted with M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm. or an equivalent degree are eligible to receive an Institute fellowship of Rs. 28,000/-. These students on successful completion of coursework will receive Rs. 31,000/- from the Semester following the one in which the course work was completed.
- Higher fellowship may be made available in subsequent years. Consideration for Institute fellowship will be as per Institute norms. It will be obligatory on the part of every admitted Full time student to undertake 8 to 10 hours (per week) of work as assigned to him/her by the institute.