Ph.D – Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering offers undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD programs, with emphasis on fundamental theory and practice in Civil Engineering, keeping in view the current and continuously changing scenarios in this discipline. The department runs postgraduate programs in Structural and Transportation Engineering. The Department has established state-of-art laboratories which can provide opportunities for the students at all levels to get acquainted with the latest developments in various avenues of Civil Engineering. In addition to teaching and instruction, the faculty is actively engaged in research with the goal of developing novel concepts and ideas or applying current technology to new applications. The department has a number of ongoing research projects and industrial consultancy works from various agencies. The department also organizes Conferences/ Workshops for professional interaction and networking.
The Department lays special emphasis on research work in various areas of specialization that include:
- Structural Engineering
- Water Resource Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- M.E./M.Tech or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- B.E. or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination Meeting the minimum eligibility criteria does not guarantee admission into the PhD programme.
- Additional departmental criteria might be set for shortlisting. Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an interview and/or a written test
- M.E/M.Tech candidates are eligible to receive a fellowship of Rs 31000/- per month
- A higher fellowship may be made available in subsequent years (As per institute norms)
- Every candidate must undertake 8 to 10 hours of work per week as assigned by the institute
Assistant Professor Department of Civil Engineering
latent variable modeling, Word of mouth and product/service adoption behavior, transit equity, travel demand modeling, Travel behavior analysis, Vehicular tailpipe emissions: conventional and electric vehicles (EVs), Mitigation of greenhouse emissions from urban transport
Assistant ProfessorDepartment of Civil Engineering
Carbon Sequestration for Ground Improvement, Sustainable Binders for Problematic Soil Stabilization, Risk and Reliability in Geotechnical Engineering, Spatial Variability, Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) Slopes, Rainfall Induced Slope Failures, Unsaturated Soil Mechanics
Associate ProfessorDepartment of Civil Engineering
Transit Operations and Management, Sustainable Modal Shifts and Transport Emission, Travel Behaviour Analysis and Discrete Choice Modelling, Green Mobility, Transportation and Health, Physical Internet Application for Omni channel Delivery Planning, Crowd-sourced and Reverse Logistics, Energy-efficient Platforms for Collaborative Last mile delivery, Freight Demand Modelling and Planning for Logistics Systems, water resource engineering and remote sensing, Quality of Life