BITS Pilani is a preferred destination to recruit from, for a large number of companies. We feel validated in the quality of education and experience we provide to our students when a majority of our students are successfully placed on campus. Each of our programmes are designed to give our students a balanced education with theory as well as practical knowledge. In addition, they are encouraged to participate in extra curricular activities as it helps them develop soft skills and develop well rounded personalities. It is this that differentiates our students and makes them a valuable part of any company they join.
Why Recruit from BITS
Stringent student selection - all our students enter the institute after proving themselves first the school level and then again at BITSAT. We believe in only rewarding merit and thus offer no quota of any kind.
World class curriculum and faculty – over 85% of our faculty members are PhDs and are actively involved in research and journal publications. Our curriculum is constantly updated to reflect the latest in technology and research.
Students with experience in industry – the Practice School Program ensures that every student has spent over 7 months working in industry even before graduation. The program exposes them to real life applications of their course work and teaches them to work in a collaborative environment. The Practice School gives students the vital experience needed to adapt quickly to careers in industry.
Balanced personalities - We believe wholeheartedly in helping students develop to their potential in every field of their interest. Soft skill development is made part of class-room experience through presentation and open ended learning components.
Extracurricular activities, student managed clubs and events give them further avenues to express themselves and develop skills beyond academics.
- We contact companies about 2 months ahead of the placement schedule.
- Companies provide us with the necessary data through a Job announcement form.
- We scrutinise the requirements and then send a formal invitation to the companies.
- We fix a mutually convenient date and time for the presentation & selection process.
- We announce the visit along with the details provided by the company in the announcement form to the students.
- We ask eligible students who are interested in the job to apply for the job a week before the visit.
- We provide essential details of applicants to the company.
- The company re-confirms travel plan a week before the allocated visit date.
- We book accommodation for company (on payment basis) at the Guesthouse within the campus.
- We book a presentation hall and a student volunteer is allocated to take care of the logistics on campus.
- We announce the list of selected candidates once the company finalises it.
- Students sign offer letter and a copy is forwarded to the company.
Some of the salient points of the placement process are:
- No registration charges
- Rooms with LCD projectors and computers are provided for conducting pre-placement talks
- Rooms for aptitude tests, group discussions and interviews are also made available
- A team of dedicated placement committee volunteers work to ensure simpler logistics and all other related issues regarding campus placements.
BITS Pilani campuses schedule two placement seasons every year. Our students work in industry for one of the two semesters in their final year as part of the Practice School programme and are available only part of the time on campus. Details of the profiles of students available for placement in each season can be found two months ahead of placements on each campus website.