Ph.D – Mathematics
K K Birla Goa, Hyderabad, Pilani
The main objective of the doctoral program is to create scholarly responsibility among researchers and provide them with an intellectually stimulating environment for focused research. The study phase of the research includes a solid foundation in advanced mathematics with a particular sequence of courses designed to enhance the professional ability of the candidates.
The department offers a full time Ph.D. programme in the following thrust areas of its research.
- Linear Algebra
- Numerical Analysis
- Graph Theory
- Control Theory
- Operator Theory
- Complex Analysis
- Topology & Geometry
- Functional Analysis
- Fracture Mechanics
- Harmonic & Wavelet Analysis
- Number Theory & Cryptography
- Financial Mathematics
- Theoretical and Computational Differential Equations
- Mathematical Modelling
- Discrete Mathematics
- M. Sc. In Mathematics or equivalent degree with 60% aggregate. Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for a written test and/or interview. Candidate having NET/GATE/M. Phil/JRF will be exempted from the written test
- M.Sc. or equivalent: ₹ 28,000 per month. After qualifying, the coursework through examinations, the scholarship will increase to ₹ 31,000 per month.
- M.Phil./M. Tech./JRF: ₹ 31,000 per month.
- The higher fellowship may be made available in subsequent years subject to the institute norms and performance of the candidates.