Ph.D – Economics & Finance
Pilani, K K Birla Goa, Hyderabad
Economics & Finance
The Economics and Finance Department since its inception is well renowned for its emphasis on rigorous scholarship and real world relevance. Faculty, apart from teaching and pursuing research, also contribute in consultancy and training manpower to industry as well as the Government. The Department has been alert and alive to the changes in the macro- environment, and has been constantly updating the curriculum.
Department plans to admit student under
a. Full Time students: students who will devote full-time on Ph D work.
b. Part-time Students(Applicable only if the Department has consented): Candidates working in organizations situated close to the campus will be admitted under this scheme. Students will have to complete required course work similar to full-time students as specified by DRC. They will not be entitled for any assistantship from the Institute.
The department offers a full time Ph.D. programme in the following thrust areas of its research.
- Macroeconomic Models and Policy
- Microeconomic Analysis
- Money and Financial Markets
- Financial Engineering, Econometric Studies
- Financial Modeling, Mathematical Economics
- Environmental Economics
- Resource Management Systems
- Growth Economics
- Banking, Micro Finance
- Capital Markets
- Macroeconomic Modeling
- Applied Finance
- Environment and Resource Economics International Trade and Finance
- Financial Management
- Corporate Planning
- Project Management
- 60% marks / 6.0 CGPA or above with First Division in MBA in Finance or equivalent for candidates with such highest degree.
- 60% marks / 6.0 CGPA or above with First Division in MA / M. Com / M.Sc. in Economics/Finance or equivalent for candidates with such highest degree.
- Higher degree with 60% marks /6.0 CGPA with First Division in Economics/ Finance/ Engineering/ Management with relevant experience in economics and finance areas.
- INR 28,000 or 31,000 per month as per the intake qualification.
- All full time students have to undertake 8-10 hrs of TA work as assigned by the institute. Two-semester course work for candidates with M.Sc. Qualification