Ph.D – Mechanical Engineering
Pilani, K K Birla Goa, Hyderabad
The department encourages motivated and bright Ph.D. aspirants to join us at BITS Pilani, K K Birla Goa Campus & Hyderabad campus to learn, understand and solve problems of specialized research fields. The department also has a part-time Ph.D. scheme especially for working professionals in Industries or Academic Institutes.
- 14 International Journals Publications
- 45 International Conference Publications
- 38 National Conference Publications
- 10 Book/Chapter Published
The department offers a full time Ph.D. programme in the following thrust areas of its research.
- Biomaterials, Biomechanics
- Assistive and Medical devices
- Fluid-structure interaction
- Image based material testing and inspection
- Sheet metal forming, Warm and hot forming
- Surface Engineering, Robotics and Control, Solid & Fracture Mechanics
- Structural health monitoring
- Vibrations, Acoustics
- Experimental aerodynamics and jet acoustics
- Heat Transfer
- Micro Machining & MEMS
- Polymer & Composites
- Rotational Moulding
- A minimum of 60% in both undergraduate and graduate level in Mechanical or any allied disciplines.
- Undergraduate students with exceptional academic background are also welcome to apply.
- Meeting the minimum eligibility criteria does not guarantee admission to Ph.D. programme
- The shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an interview process.
- An admitted undergraduate student will be required to complete minimum course work.
- Candidates working in reputed R&D organization can apply for Part time/ Aspirant Ph.D. Scheme.
- Financial assistance will be provided to the fulltime Ph.D. students in the form of a monthly stipend of ₹ 31,000. Higher stipend amount will be granted in the subsequent semesters subject to the performance as per institutional norms. A full-time Ph.D. student is expected to perform teaching assistantship in addition to the doctoral research work against the stipend granted to him/her