Ph.D – Pharmacy
Department of Pharmacy at BITS (Pilani) always had a excellent placement record with 90% placement of M.Pharmacy students in reputed companies like Dr. Reddys Laboratorie (Hyderabad), Lupin Research Park (Pune), Novartis (Hyderabad), GlaxoSmithkline (Gurgaon), Torrent Pharma (Ahmedabad), Ranbaxy (Gurgaon), Evalueserve (Gurgaon), TCS Life Sciences (Hyderabad) with an average package of 5-6 lakh/annum.
The Department is continuously undertaking research projects funded by industries and governmental funding agencies like DST, DBT, ICMR and CSIR. Presently, there are 51 full time and 06 part-time Ph.D. students registered in the department.
The Department lays special emphasis on research work in various areas of specialization that include:
- Pharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Natural Drugs and Phyto-Chemistry
- Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance
- Clinical Research and Clinical Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil. or an equivalent Degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm. or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- For admissions to Humanities and Social Sciences, candidates with anM.A. degree and a minimum of 55% aggregate may apply.
- Full-time PhD students admitted into the PhD program are eligible to be considered for an Institute fellowship of Rs. 28,000 or Rs. 31,000 per month in the first year based on their qualifications at the time of admission.
- Students admitted with M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil. or an equivalent Degree are eligible to receive an Institute fellowship of Rs. 31,000/-.
- Students admitted with M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm. or an equivalent degree are eligible to receive an Institute fellowship of Rs. 28,000/-. These students on successful completion of coursework will receive Rs. 31,000/- from the Semester following the one in which the course work was completed.
- Higher fellowship may be made available in subsequent years. Consideration for Institute fellowship will be as per Institute norms. It will be obligatory on the part of every admitted Full time student to undertake 8 to 10 hours (per week) of work as assigned to him/her by the institute.
Assistant ProfessorDepartment of Pharmacy
Differentiated Product Development (505b2 based approaches), Lyophilization Technique, Oral Bioavailability enhancement using novel approaches, Development of vesicular carrier system for enhancing drug efficacy and safety, Development of nano-particulate based carrier system for anticancer therapeutics delivery