Ph.D – Physics
Pilani, K K Birla Goa, Hyderabad
Department of Physics, consisting of 20 faculty members, is actively involved in the advanced research area and teaching programs (M.Sc. (Physics, PhD and Minor in Physics) of the institute.
The Department lays special emphasis on research work in various areas of specialization that include:
- Atomic and Molecular Physics
- Astronomy and Cosmology
- Statistical Physics and Complex Systems
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Nuclear and Particle Physics
- Optical and Plasma Physics
- M.Sc. (Physics) or Equivalent Degree with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Shortlisted Candidates will be called for a written test which will be followed by an interview.
- Candidates who have cleared the CSIR-JRF will be exempted from the written test.
- Candidates working in reputed Govt. and Private organizations can apply for a part time PhD program.
- Monthly Institute Fellowship of Rs. 28,000 (if M.Sc. or EquivalentDegree) will be provided initially to the full-time PhD students which will be enhanced from time to time subject to performance.
- Full-time PhD students admitted into the PhD program are eligible to be considered for an Institute fellowship of Rs. 28,000 or Rs. 31,000 per month in the first year based on their qualifications at the time of admission.
- Students admitted with M.E./M.Tech./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil. or an equivalent Degree are eligible to receive an Institute fellowship of Rs. 31,000/-.
- Students admitted with M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm. or an equivalent degree are eligible to receive an Institute fellowship of Rs. 28,000/-. These students on successful completion of coursework will receive Rs. 31,000/- from the Semester following the one in which the course work was completed.
- Higher fellowship may be made available in subsequent years. Consideration for Institute fellowship will be as per Institute norms. It will be obligatory on the part of every admitted Full time student to undertake 8 to 10 hours (per week) of work as assigned to him/her by the institute.