MBA in Business Analytics
BITS Pilani is a Deemed to be University, offering on-campus programs to 17,500+ students across its campuses in Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Dubai. In 2020, it was conferred the status of an Institution of Eminence by the Ministry of Education, Government of India.
The Department of Management at BITS Pilani was established in 1971. It initially offered two years' Master of Business Administration (MBA). In 1973, MBA evolved into the integrated first-degree program MMS (Master of Management Studies) which was a unique blend of engineering and management. The objective of this program was to bridge the gap in the industry by providing quality management professionals with strong technical skills and acumen for managing a business. Based on demands from the industry, the course was restructured again as an MBA in 2006.
Catering to contemporary industry demands, BITS Pilani introduced an MBA in Business Analytics in 2021-22. Over the years, BITS Pilani has laid considerable stress on the importance of experience as a part of the education process, by ensuring that its programs interface strongly with industry, and provide for opportunities for students to engage in independent experiential learning. The MBA in Business Analytics curriculum is an optimum combination of core, electives and industrial component / research in the form of Practice School / dissertation. The pedagogy ensures that at least 50% of the sessions are devoted to cases / projects / simulations / laboratories / other experiential components.
BITS Pilani is ranked 16th in Business and Management Studies in India and 501-550 globally in QS World University Subject Rankings 2022.
Highlights of the MBA in Business Analytics Programme:
- Management education at BITS Pilani brings cutting-edge thinking and best learning practices with MBA in Business Analytics.
- Three semesters of rigorous on-campus training coupled with an option of either six months’ exposure to industry through a structured and evaluative paid internship (Practice School) or dissertation makes this programme unique. In Practice School, students work on real-time projects in reputed companies with the possibility of getting a pre placement offer on its completion.
- Hands-on laboratory sessions and innovative teaching pedagogies to aid classroom teaching
- Certification programs / training workshops will be organized for improving necessary skills related to business analytics
- Continuous interaction with leading experts from the industry
- Possibility of international immersion
- Legendary alumni network of BITS Pilani for mentorship
- Substantial financial assistance through teaching assistantship
Eligibility for admission:
- Candidates holding a bachelor’s degree in any discipline or its equivalent with at least 60% aggregate marks.
- The candidate should have studied at least one subject in Mathematics or Statistics at the high school (10+2) or higher level.
- Candidates with prior exposure to a programming language are desirable.
- Students who are in the final year of their Qualifying Degree programme are also eligible to apply, provided they can submit the original copies of the results till 1st October, 2023, and fulfil other criteria.
- Online application will close at 11:59 PM on February 28, 2023. The application fee is INR 3300/-, mode of payment is online and has been provided at the online application link.
- The application fee is non-refundable and not-transferable.
- BAAT is proposed to be conducted in Lucknow, Delhi, Pilani, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Hyderabad, Pune, Patna, Goa, Kolkata, Bangalore, Thiruvananthapuram, Coimbatore. BITS Pilani reserves the right to change the centers based on the institute's operational feasibility and other prevailing guidelines.
MBA in Business Analytics
Application Deadline for admission to Two-Year On-Campus MBA in Business Analytics Programme of BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus for Academic Year 2023-24 is extended upto February 28, 2023.
Hostel Fee Payment
- Click Here to pay Hostel Fee payment.
|Start of application form
|Deadline for online submission of the application
|Deadline to edit submitted applications to incorporate corrections
|03-08, March 2023
|Release of admit card for Business Analytics Aptitude Test (BAAT)
|Date of Business Analytics Aptitude Test (BAAT)
|Second Round (GD/PI WAT/ Extempore etc) in online mode
|10 April 2023 Onwards
The Institute reserves the right to change the above deadlines. Candidates will be informed well in advance should there be such a change.
For Further Information Contact
Birla Institute of Technology & Science,
Pilani Campus, Pilani, Rajasthan 333031 (INDIA).
(Note : For any query you may contact through the above phone numbers on any working day from Office Hours : Monday to Friday 9AM - 1PM & 2PM - 5PM Saturday 9AM - 1PM)