PhD programme for Industry professionals
PhD Aspirant scheme
The BITS Pilani Ph.D. Aspirant Scheme is aimed to provide avenues for doctoral research to professionals of high standing and proven competence drawn from Industries, R&D organizations, Government departments: an opportunity that professional finds to fulfill his/her aspiration of doing Ph.D. in the area of excellence.
The PhD admission under the BITS-Pilani Ph.D. Aspirant scheme is for Industry professionals.
Some of the highlights of the Ph.D. Aspirant scheme.
Who is eligible for the aspirant scheme? A working professional is eligible for this, if he/she
- works in an organization that collaborates with BITS Pilani for Practice school/ research/WILP activities.
- hold ME/ MS degree of BITS Pilani or its equivalent with a minimum of 60% marks.
- will choose one of the BITS faculty as the supervisor
- can obtain No Objection Certificate from his/her organization.
Highlighting the Admission process:
- Admission is open throughout the year. A candidate can apply anytime during the year.
- Application forms are processed four times during a year ( tentative dates: 15-March, 15-Jun, 15-Sep, 15-Dec of every year).
- Once shortlisted the candidate will appear for the Ph.D. qualifying examination within two semesters. After clearing the qualifying exam he/she will take the formal admission in the Ph.D. program.
The flexibility of the Aspirant scheme:
- The candidate is allowed to work in his/her organization during the entire Ph.D. program.
- He/ she can choose a Ph.D. holder with proven research competence, from his /her parental organization as co-supervisor. One BITS faculty will act his Supervisor.
Ph.D. duration: The aspirant candidate needs to submit his Ph.D. thesis within ten semesters to be counted from the semester next to passing the qualifying examination.
A single document containing useful information about the Aspirant scheme: click here
Fees structure: click here