Designation: Director, BITS Pilani, K.K.Birla Goa Campus;
Senior Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, BITS Pilani, Goa;
Professor of Biochemistry (on leave), University of Delhi
- April 07, 2022 – Ongoing: Senior Professor & Director, BITS Pilani, Goa Campus.
- December 20, 2012 – Ongoing: Professor, Department of Biochemistry, University of Delhi South Campus, New Delhi (on leave)
- December 20, 2006 – December 19, 2012: Reader / Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry, University of Delhi South Campus, New Delhi, India
- January 30, 2006-December 19, 2006: Lecturer, School of Biotechnology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, U.P.
- October 2004-January 2006: Protein Interactions Research Associate at Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc. – DuPont, USA.
- April 2000-September 2004: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, USA.
Awards / Fellowships
- Guest of Honor for the 36th Convocation of the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), Panaji Regional Centre, Goa (3rd April, 2023)
- Teachers’ Day Award 2022 as “Educationist Par Excellence”, by the International Institute of Hotel Management, Goa, in association with International Hospitality Council (IHC) London, at Indismart Woodbourne Resort, Nuvem, South Goa, September 30, 2022.
- Legendary Contribution in Education for Advancing Scientific Research, by Ramanujan College, University of Delhi and Indian Accounting Association, September 5, 2021
- Elected Fellow of the Indian Academy of Biomedical Sciences, Lucknow, India (March 2021)
- Prof. Suresh C. Tyagi Oration Award for Young Faculty, 2017, from International Academy of Cardiovascular Sciences (India Section).
- Citation in Marquis Who's Who in Medicine and Healthcare 2011-2012 (8th Edition)
- Indo-US Research Fellow, 2010, from Indo-US Science and Technology Forum and DST, Government of India.
- DST (Government of India) Travel Award for Attending International Conference Abroad, 2008.
- Senior Research Fellowship, 1997, University Grants Commission, Government of India.
- Junior Research Fellowship, 1995, University Grants Commission, Government of India
1995-1999: Ph.D. in Molecular Biology from Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, India. Research topic: “Structure function relationship of a plant protease: Studies on ervatamin B from the latex of Ervatamia coronaria”
1992-1994: M.Sc., Chemistry, Presidency College, University of Calcutta, India
1989-1992: B.Sc., Chemistry, Acharya Prafulla Chandra College, University of Calcutta, India
1987-1989: Higher Secondary (12th Standard), Scottish Church Collegiate School, West Bengal, India
1987: ICSE (10th Standard), Julien Day School, Ganganagar, West Bengal, India
- Post-doctorates – SIX (Dr. Pankaj Prabhakar (N-PDF, DST, 2016-18) (Moved to Novartis Pharmaceuticals as Scientist; Currently in Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna as Assistant Professor); Dr. Sanjay Kumar Dey (2017-19; Post-doc in Rutgers University, USA; Currently Assistant Professor, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Centre for Biomedical Research, University of Delhi); Dr. Mohsin Raza (2018-2019; Currently post-doc in University of Nebraska, Lincoln, USA); Dr. Swati Kundu (DS Kothari Fellowship, 2019-20; Currently in National University of Singapore and A-Star Company, Singapore); Dr. Pushpanjali Dasauni (2019-21; Research Scientist in Syngene, Bangalore, India); Dr. Shruti Mathur (Maharishi Kanad Postdoctoral Fellow, Institute of Eminence, University of Delhi; in the laboratory since Jan 2022).
- Ph.D. Degree Awarded – ELEVEN (Deepak Jangir, Amit Kumar, Sheetal Uppal, Manish Shandilya, Richa Arya, Sanjay Kumar Dey, Pushpanjali Dasauni, Gaurav Kumar, Manisha Saini, Mohd Asim Khan, Chetna Dhembla).
- M.Phil Degree Awarded – ONE (Ravi Kant, March 31, 2017)
- Currently supervising SIX students for Ph.D. (Sanjeev Kumar Yadav (pre-thesis seminar done), Shruti Bhatt, Anirban Mukhopadhyay (as Co-PI; Prof. B.K.Thelma, PI), Varnita Anand, Kajal Yadav, Akanksha Khosla).
- M.Sc. Biochemistry students for Dissertation – Twenty-one.
- Supervised M.Sc./B.Sc./B.Tech students from various universities (Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, U.P; Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur, M.P; Jaypee University of Information Technology, Waknaghat, Solan, H.P; Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi; University of Delhi South Campus, New Delhi; Devi Ahilya Vishva Vidhyalaya, Indore, M.P; Seedling Academy of Design, Technology & Management, Jaipur, Rajasthan; University of Calcutta; K.C. College, Mumbai; Sambalpur University, many more) for short-term projects and laboratory training (including summer training of students with Indian Academy of Sciences programme).