Department of Chemistry, BITS, Pilani, Pilani Campus
Ph D admission in II SEM 2013-14
1. Area(s) of Ph D admission in the II Semester 2013-14:
Ph.D. applications are invited in the Department of Chemistry. Following are the research areas in the department:
Organic and Medicinal Chemistry
Nanomaterials and Catalysts
Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
Inorganic, Bio-inorganic and Coordination Chemistry
2. Scholarship/assistantship available:
(a) Institute Assistantship: Rs 15400/- p.m. for Higher Degree (M.E./ M. Pharm/ M Phil) holder; Rs 11000/- for First degree (M Sc/ M.A./B.E.) holders.
3. Department plan to admit student under:
Regular students: student who will devote full-time on Ph D work. Will be considered for assistantship/project fellowship in addition to 90% waiver in tuition fee.
Department do not intend to admit students in 'Part-Time catagory'
4. Fee structure: (For the academic year 2013-14):
Ph D application fees (one time)
Admission fees (one Time)
Tuition fees per semester *
7850 (10% of the total semester fee)
Institute caution deposit
Mess & electricity advance
Hostel, ICT, Infra Structure Modernization Fees
student aid fund
Applicable as per campus rules
* The above prescribed semester fees is for student admitted in the academic year 2013-14. For these students, the semester, term, and admission fees will be revised upward every year, but will not increase beyond 15% each year (unless the government announces any new lavy/tax, which will be passed on to all existing students irrespective of their year of entry.