The B. Pharm. curriculum at BITS Pilani has been designed meticulously such that the students apart from learning and understanding the pharmacy courses also gain exposure to other fundamental disciplines of core sciences like Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Language and literature, Technical art and Humanities.
Apart from the regular courses, B. Pharm students are also given direct exposure to the professional world by means of Practice School (PS) method. The PS programme has two components, namely PS-I and PS-II for the Integrated First Degree students. PS are implemented at industrial complexes, research and development centers of pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, CSIR laboratories etc. It provides an opportunity for a detailed understanding of vast industrial operations and its various aspects such as inventory, productivity, management, information systems, human resource development, etc. In addition to this, students have options for choosing on-campus / off-campus thesis / dissertation in India / abroad for one semester during their final year of the program. These components of the B. Pharm. curriculum at BITS, Pilani makes students learn by a process of observation and participation and enable them to work in an organized and systematic manner.
We at BITS Pilani, harbor another unique feature of offering Dual degree programs to B. Pharm students wherein, students can pursue another degree along with their regular B. Pharm.
These features make our curriculum very unique from any other institute offering B. Pharm all across the country. Since we follow such an integrated approach for B. Pharm program, students undergo an overall development and gain knowledge in multidisciplinary fields which is clearly reflected in the high-paying jobs they secure after completing their B. Pharm program.
Salient Features of B.Pharm. (Hons.):
- 8 semester modular structure
- Strong exposure to basic science, humanities, management and engineering related subjects
- Exhaustive exposure to various practical aspects of the research methodologies, instrumental techniques, emerging areas and industrial operations
- Option for doing projects (Study/ Laboratory/ Computer oriented) from third year onwards along with regular courses, seminars, assignments etc.
- Electives option to choose a specific career path
- Seven and a half months Practice School (PS-I of 2 months and PS-II of 5.5 months)/ Thesis option
- PHA F211 Pharmaceutical Analysis
- PHA F214 Anatomy, Physiology & Hygiene
- PHA F215 Introduction to Molecular Biology and Immunology
- PHA F212 Dispensing Pharmacy
- PHA F213 Microbiology
- PHA F241 Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- PHA F242 Biological Chemistry
- PHA F243 Industrial Pharmacy
- PHA F244 Physical Pharmacy
- PHA F311 Pharmacology-I
- PHA F341 Pharmacology-II
- PHA F312 Medicinal Chemistry-I
- PHA F342 Medicinal Chemistry-II
- PHA F313 Instrumental Methods of Analysis
- PHA F314 Pharmaceutical Formulations and Biopharmaceutics
- PHA F343 Forensic Pharmacy
- PHA F344 Natural Drugs
Discipline Elective Courses
- MATH F212 Optimization
- PHA F413 Pharmaceutical Management and Quality Control
- PHA F414 Biopharmaceutics
- PHA F415 Pathophysiology
- PHA F416 Chemistry of Synthetic Drugs
- PHA F417 Pharmacoeconomics
- PHA F422 Cosmetic Science
- PHA F432 Hospital Pharmacy
- PHA F441 Biochemical Engineering
- PHA F442 Applied Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- PHA F461 Phytochemistry