International Students Admission (ISA) Scheme
Candidates applying to the First Degree (B.E., B.Pharm & Integrated M.Sc.) programmes at BITS Pilani are required to:
- Appear for Grade 12 (qualifying) examination and Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT).
- Request College Board to send SAT scores to BITS Pilani (DI code: 7759–BITS Pilani).
- Fill the Application Form online. The SAT score should be available to the candidates at the time of their application. Candidates should also ensure that their SAT scores must be received by BITS Pilani through CollegeBoard on or before the deadline.
- Upload required documents such as Grade 12 marks sheets, photographs, copies of passport, etc. If the transcripts of Grade 12 are not available during the application window, a separate application window to provide Grade 12 marks will be opened and the timeline of the same will be published through admissions website. The passport should be valid for a minimum of six months from the date of joining the institute.
- Submit the application and pay the application fee online only.
- Upon completing the application form online and payment of the application fee online, an acknowledgment will be generated, and candidates should keep this copy of the submitted form and payment details (acknowledgment) with themselves for any future use. Additional or missing information, if any, may be asked by BITS Pilani through email from the candidates. Please quote the application number in all your correspondences related to admissions.
- The merit position of all eligible candidates will be prepared based on their SAT scores. If there is a tie, it would be eliminated using the following criteria:
- First, the number of years/months of education spent by the candidate in a foreign country shall be considered for resolving the tied scores.
- If the tie still exists, their Physics, Mathematics, and one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Bio-technology, Computer Science, Biology, technical vocational subjects) total marks in the 10+2 examination shall be considered for separating them.
- If the tie still exists, their scores obtained in Mathematics/Biology (Applicable for B.Pharm programme only) subject in the 12th-grade examination shall be considered for separating them.
- If the tie still exists, their Physics subject scores in the 12th-grade examination shall be considered.
- If the ties still exist, their Chemistry/Bio-technology/Computer Science/Biology/technical vocational subject scores in the 12th-grade examination shall be considered to break the tie.
The admission committee reserves the right to impose any further or additional criteria such as conducting the online test, interview of the student, evaluation of extra-curricular activities and exceptional talent, etc., in case of any further tie, which shall be announced if the situation warrants.