International Programmes and Collaboration Division (IPCD)
BITS is constantly working towards internationalizing the domain of education. It aims to develop many opportunities involving student and faculty exchanges that may open up more and more joint research collaborations in future. In this context it is worth mentioning that at present BITS has several MOUs with different Universities around the globe to promote joint academic activities.
Students of BITS Pilani have been pursuing thesis work at renowned organizations such as Max Planck Institute, University of Stuttgart, University of Magdeburg, Concordia University and National University of Singapore (NUS).
The specific objectives of IPCD are:
Student and Faculty Exchange Programs which aim to:
- Outline the university's activities, promote international education, and interdisciplinary collaborative activities for specific subject areas.
- Formulate and design different aspects of the Study-Abroad and Study-in-India programs for students.
- Formulate and design different aspects of faculty exchange in terms of handling courses and enhance research collaboration in the field of mutual interest.
Collaboration in terms of research and other activities through IPCD which aim to:
- Seek out and develop partnerships in support of the internationalization agenda.
- Represent BITS on external bodies associated with the mandate of the International Office.
- Collect and analyze relevant data, market reports and other research material to enhance the image of BITS in the international scenario.
- Coordinate the exchange of teaching material to support joint academic programs.
- Plan the university's participation in academic events to facilitate exchange of international students.