Some of the technical resources that our design laboratories have to offer are given below.
The Oysters Lab (O-Lab) is a state of the art VLSI Design Lab housed within BITS Pilani. The lab has a computing farm consisting of Sun machines running the Solaris operating system. It has industry standard VLSI Design tools from all major EDA vendors like Cadence, Mentor Graphics and Magma. These tools are capable of taking any design from concept to GDS.
The Embedded Controller and Application Centre (ECAC) was set-up with tools intially donated by Motorola and ST- Microelectronics. The lab has several Hardware and Software Embedded Design Tools such as Emulators, Development Boards Simulators, Debuggers, Programmers, UML Design Tools, FPGA tools. Using these tools any small-scale, medium-scale and some sophisticated Embedded System can be designed, Built, Tested and Debugged both in the Hardware and Software domains.
For a comprehensive list of non-technical services offered, we urge you to view our print advertisement and to go through the documents in the Downloads section.
- Personal Computers
- Internet connection
- Telephone lines
- File Server
- Fax machine
- Teleconferencing facilities
- Meeting/Conference room with projection equipment
BITS, PILANI Infrastructure: (Other then Library facility)
If so desired by the incubatee, TBI allows access to other departmental laboratories and other resources of BITS, Pilani for their products development purposes.
Faculty mentoring is available
Apart from physical infrastructure as stated above, TBI intends to create certain other supports and services which would include:
- Corporate and legal assistance to the incubatee through internal assistance, BITSAA or third party involvement.
- Organizing events to help companies in networking and showcasing their technologies,
- Meetings with visitors of BITS, Pilani (such as alumni, VCs, industry professionals)
- An incubate shall have an access to BITSAA technical network through CEL’s Innohub portal.
- Management Group may extend support in preparation of Business Plans and in undertaking marketing research studies.
- TBI has several links to the advertisement agencies all over India, which help the companies at our centre to advertise themselves.
- Tie-ups with chartered accountants and other professional organizations as required
Apart from these, incubate companies have opportunity for getting:
Training in business communication: written as well as verbal
Training in business management: structured short courses
Experiences of successful companies (a knowledge/ information site would be created where management concepts, intellectual property evaluations, deal making, negotiations, networking, VC funding, company registrations etc are provided)