BITS Connect 2.0 - “Bridging the geographical distances…”
With BITS Connect 2.0, BITS Pilani is the first ever multi-campus virtual university in India. BITS Connect 2.0 is a multi-million dollar project that envisions bringing state-of-the-art tele-presence and inter-connectivity to all four campuses of BITS. It enables remote learning and participatory coursework, collaborative research and remote recruitment.
By bridging the geographical distance across campuses and global knowledge centers, this platform facilitates collaboration among its faculty, students, industry partners and alumni, for education, research and mentorship. BITSConnect 2.0 aims to enable:
• Industry Relations & Recruitment: Any company can remotely recruit students or engage in research collaboration.
• Remote Teaching: Specialized electives to be offered to students in all 4 campuses by the speaker at any one campus.
• Remote Meetings: Faculty and administrative staff meetings via tele-presence, which gives an experience of physically being present in the same conference room.
• Web Conferencing: Faculty members can conduct web conferences (audio + video + content sharing) with other researchers across the world.
• Embryo 2.0: Alumni can remotely interact with students at all 4 campuses simultaneously.
• Online Publication of Course Content: All courses can be recorded and streamed online.
“Make no mistake about it; you (BITS Pilani) are among the world's elite here. We at Cisco are proud to be a small part of the BITS Team. Learning what you are doing from an alumni and leadership perspective, I think is an example for the rest of the world. I thank you and continue to challenge you for your leadership"
- John Chambers, CEO Cisco in an inspiring video message during the BITS Connect 2.0 launch.