- It is mandatory for all students to have a valid U.A.E. residence visa to study at BITS Pilani, Dubai Campus (BPDC).
- If parents cannot sponsor the student or if the student is from another country, then BPDC can facilitate U.A.E. Student Residence Visa (visa) through Dubai Knowledge Village (DKV) and Dubai International Academic City (DIAC) subject to the submission of necessary documents given in the student residence visa application form (visa form) rules & regulations of BPDC and Government of UAE (Govt). Thus, DKV is the visa sponsor since they are providing the visa to the students. As a facilitator, BPDC only co-ordinates between DKV and students for obtaining the student visa.
- The visa is valid for one year and is subsequently renewable every year. The issue of fresh visa and renewal of visa are subject to the submission of necessary documents and as per rules and regulations of BPDC, DKV, DIAC, Department of Naturalization & Residency Dubai (DNRD), Ministry of Health (MOH) and Govt. BPDC is in no way responsible for any delay or non issuance of new visa or rejection of visa renewal by the Govt.
- The rules & regulations regarding conditions for visa issuance of DNRD / MOH may change from time to time.
- The mandatory documents as mentioned in the visa form should be submitted on or before the date fixed by the Administration and/or Admissions Department or at least 8 weeks before the actual visa expiry date as stamped in the passport.
- Students are required to undergo a medical examination as prescribed by MOH / DNRD in the specified Govt. hospitals after their arrival in UAE to stamp the multiple entry visa on their passport. The medical examination and the related process usually take 6 – 9 weeks. If any student is declared medically unfit by MOH/DNRD, his/her residence visa will not be stamped / renewed and the student should leave the country immediately after canceling the visa.
- After the visa stamping on the passport, student can travel outside UAE any number of times with the prior approval of BPDC.
- Student should not stay outside UAE for more than 180 days continuously after the visa is stamped on the passport.
- Visa facilitated by BPDC is for the purpose of education only and students are not permitted to work.
- The student should submit their Jawaz card and National ID card while submitting their passport for all visa transactions.
- Students are responsible for fines, if any, in case of submission of invalid documents or non submission of required documents or late submission of required documents after the date duly fixed by the Institute.
- Students should notify the Institute at least a month before about the actual expiry of their visa.
- The student is required to pay Dhs.2250/-* for fresh visa & related service fee. The amount paid towards fresh visa & related service fee will not be refunded in the event of student not joining the Institute after completing all formalities.
- In case of students, who are already residing in U.A.E. on their own visa sponsorship and wish to come under the visa facilitated by the Institute by in-country & local amendment should pay a sum of Dhs.3950/-* towards fresh visa and related service charges. They are also required to submit original passport and visa cancellation paper along with all other required documents.
- Students should pay a sum of Dhs.1650/-* per year towards visa renewal and related service charges.
- A fee of Dhs. 150/-** should be paid every year towards mandatory JAWAZ card issued by DIAC Authority
- A fee of Dhs 280/-*** should be paid every year towards mandatory National Emirates ID (EIDA) Card issued by Govt. of UAE.
- The visa renewal and related service charges should be paid along with the 2nd installment tuition fee of the 2nd semester of each year for the subsequent year visa renewal.
- Students must cancel their visa irrespective of the visa validity after completion of the program and / or before leaving the Institute by completing the necessary formalities and fees as indicated by the Administration Dept. of BPDC. The visa cancellation should be done only after submission of the original passport, Jawaz card and EIDA card. Students who have stayed outside UAE for more than 180 days continuously are also required to cancel their visa. The visa cancellation can be done only by DKV inside UAE. Failure to do so will result in serious consequences as per rules and regulations of Institute and U.A.E.
- All the fees as mentioned above should be paid by Cash at the cash counter of BPDC or Cheque / DD in favour of “BITS PILANI FZ LLC”.
- Student should abide by the rules and regulation of the BPDC, DKV, DIAC, DNRD and Govt. of U.A.E.
- Violation of any laws of U.A.E. by the student may even lead to deportation, for which BPDC is not responsible and the student should bear all the related expenses.
*All the fee charges as mentioned above for fresh visa renewal, cancellation & related services are indicative only and or subject to change as per rules and regulations of the Institute, DKV, DIAC, DNRD and Govt of U.A.E.
** For more details regarding JAWAZ CARD log on to website www.diacjawaz.com
*** For more details regarding National ID Card (EIDA) log on to www.eida.gov.ae
In case of any changes in the personal details given in the visa form, the student should notify the same to the Administration Department of BPDC immediately.
Mandatory Documents for Submission along with the Visa Application Form
- Student Enrolment Contract duly signed by the student
- Bank Statement for Dhs.30,000/- or equivalent as per the enclosed DKV guidelines
- Clear photo copy of the Passport with the validity period of 7 months
- Photocopy of Grade Sheet of Previous Semester (for existing students) or Mark sheet of 12th or equivalent (for newly admitted students) - 2 Copies
- Passport Size Photos (White background) -10 Nos.
- Stamp size Photos (for new applicant only) - 4 Nos.
- Original fee receipt of current semester tuition and visa and related service fee including Jawaz and National ID Card
- Original passport with cancellation papers (for in-country & local amendment only)
- Mandatory Student Undertaking form (Click here to download)